HINGHAM ATHLETES SHINE AT MIAA DIVISION 2 CHAMPIONSHIP
Several Hingham athletes competed at the MIAA Division 2 Outdoor Track Championship at Merrimack College, and there were lots of great performances and personal records set.
Results can be found HERE. These are the athletes who scored (top 8 performers in each event):
* The team of Bryce Botelho, Griffin Coppola, Ryan Gates, and Will Matthews finished second in the boys 4x400 in a seasonal record of 3:26.92, the sixth-fastest time in school history.
* Emma Mills, the school record holder in girls 100 hurdles, finished second in that event in a seasonal record 15.08.
* Nina Crean finished tied for second in the girls high jump with a personal record leap of 5-4, which is tied for third best in school history.
* Kelsey Tarby finished third in the girls 400 in a seasonal record of 59.32, and was sixth in the triple jump with a leap of 35-6.75.
* Margaret Lowther finished fifth in the girls 200 in a personal record of 26.05, the fifth-fastest time in school history.
* Bryce Botelho was fifth in the boys 400 in a personal rexord of 50.77, the fifth-fastest time in school history.
* The team of Angelina Palek, Jasai Shakespeare, Nina Crean, and Emma Mills was fifth in the girls 4x100 in a time of 50.41
* The team of Margaret Lowther, Clare Lowther, Sarah Kelly, and Kelsey Tarby was fifth in the girls 4x400 in a time of 4:07.89.
* Brendan O'Horo was seventh in the boys pole vault with a leap of 11-0.
Congratulations to everyone who competed -- you made Hingham proud!